Frugal Fitness: Losing Weight While You Watch TV
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
This week's "Frugal Fitness" features a letter to Greg from one of his readers.
I'm writing with a tip for your readers. I bought your book a while back and it has been great! It informed and motivated me to do something about my weight. I decided that I would use my stair climber as my primary form of exercise. I really enjoy watching TV, especially movies. So I told myself that the only way I could watch TV is if I was on my stair climber. No, not sitting on it but actually using it. I set up a TV/VCR in front of my stair climber.
I really cannot believe how that has transformed my exercise time. Time passes so fast when I'm exercising because TV takes my mind off what I'm doing. I'm exercising about two hours almost every day (about the length of a movie). I've lost 63 pounds in ten months and I only have about 10 more pounds to go. As far as eating, I've just limited my fat intake to 40 grams per day and I eat most of my food before 2:00 pm. My dinner meal is always small. I've found this easy to do.
Jenny in Orlando, FL
Trending on TDS
- How to make your printer ink cartridges last longer
- Share your skills and make some extra cash
- Budget freindly ways to look younger
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Stay in style on a budget
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Yard sale etiquette
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 6 travel scams to avoid on your next trip
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke