Ask the Master Plumber: Scalding Hot Water
by Sherm Turner
Dear Mr. Plumber,
My electric hot water heater overheats mainly when it seems to be wet outside. The water gets scalding hot. Then it shuts off and I need to push a red reset button on it in order for it to heat water again. After doing this the problem goes away for awhile. What can I do?
Hot Under the Collar
Have an electrician check out the elements and electrical controls. Most electric hot water heaters need servicing regularly through out the years. These symptoms could be masking a very dangerous problem.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com. If you've benefited from his advice, please send a free will donation, on his behalf, to a favorite charity.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?