The Frugal Decorator: Hang-a-Plant
Make a plant holder from a utility bracket: You know, those grey or white L-shaped brackets, they have three screw holds in each 'arm'. Mount one on the wall where you want the plant to hang. If you want to paint the bracket to match your decor, mount it so the part sticking out from the wall is on top.
If you want the bracket to be hidden from view by the pot, mount it so the L is on the bottom. Drill a hole through a plastic drip tray or plastic plate. You'll have to put the tray on the bracket and mark where the holes are in the bracket, then drill. Then put your potted plant in the tray. Remember to use plastic anchors in the wall if you don't drill into a stud.
Leah Wynne works part-time at a home-decorating store and practices frugal living on a daily basis.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.