Frugal Fitness: Weight Loss Requires Exercise
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
I recieved a call last week that was typical of one that I receive once or twice a month. It was from a 39-year-old woman who wanted to lose weight, but there was one catch. She said she was absolutely not going to exercise.
Here are the facts folks. Your chances of losing weight and maintaining that loss, without regular exercise, are less than 1%. That's right, less than 1%! I know, I know. You know someone that has lost weight without exercising. Two things to consider:
- Their muscles are practically gone and what's left is really mushy. If they lost weight without exercising, they lost alot of muscle! That's bad news for their metabolism, muscle tone, health and looks.
- Once they've lost muscle, their chances of maintaining their weight loss is virtually zip.
Our muscles were made to be used. We are our healthiest when they are used daily. We don't have to use them in our daily lives as our ancestors did so we need "exercise"!
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., publishes a FREE email newsletter, "Fitness, Health, & Weight Loss". To start your free subscription, send any email message, mailto:Fitnessemail@example.com or visit http://www.Landry.com. For more information on weight training, email Top18@Landry.com
Trending on TDS
- Tools for reaching your goals Slideshow
- 4 ways to profit from a gift card you don't want
- Natural flea prevention
- Don't overspend on your wedding
- 8 ways to scam-proof your next vacation home rental
- Tips for profitable yard sale presentation
- Rent a garden plot
- Using lemons for your health and cleaning
- Garage Sales 101
- Taking professional quality photos with your cellphone
- Savings for singles
- 10 easy ways to get organized
- What's on sale in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 dental scams that can put the bite on you
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 cheap -- or even free -- ways to exercise