Frugal Fitness: Weight Loss Requires Exercise
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
I received a call last week that was typical of one that I receive once or twice a month. It was from a 39-year-old woman who wanted to lose weight, but there was one catch. She said she was absolutely not going to exercise.
Here are the facts folks. Your chances of losing weight and maintaining that loss, without regular exercise, are less than 1%. That's right, less than 1%! I know, I know. You know someone that has lost weight without exercising. Two things to consider:
- Their muscles are practically gone and what's left is really mushy. If they lost weight without exercising, they lost alot of muscle! That's bad news for their metabolism, muscle tone, health and looks.
- Once they've lost muscle, their chances of maintaining their weight loss is virtually zip.
Our muscles were made to be used. We are our healthiest when they are used daily. We don't have to use them in our daily lives as our ancestors did so we need "exercise"!
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., publishes a FREE email newsletter, "Fitness, Health, & Weight Loss". To start your free subscription, send any email message, mailto:Fitnessfirstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.Landry.com. For more information on weight training, email Top18@Landry.com
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Worst 6 products to buy in May if you want a bargain
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Cheap ways to update your wardrobe as you lose weight
- How to save on outdoor equipment
- Home remedies to sooth the sizzle of sunburn