Country Cookin': Creole Steak
by Debbie Thomas
- 2 lbs lean round steak
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbl vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (16 oz) can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
Cut steak into 7 equal serving pieces. Mix flour, salt, paprika and black pepper. Dredge meat in mixture. Set aside. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly brown onion and green pepper and remove from pan. Brown meat in remaining oil, cover meat with onions and green peppers. Cut up tomatoes and add with liquid to meat. Sprinkle rice into pan, and add broth and water. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, then turn and reduce heat to low and cover tightly. Simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Serves 7
Subscribe to Debbie's Country Cookin' by writing to DebbiesCountryCookinfirstname.lastname@example.org
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in August
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Store brands: Extreme savings without the coupons
- An easy money lesson for children
- How much do kids need to know about the family budget?
- 8 ways to save on children's clothing
- Home improvement with kids!
- Let's play with edible clay!
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator