Ask Bob: Smoking Heater
by Bob DeP.
My husband owns a 1987 Ford Ranger and for the past couple of weeks when the heat is on smoke comes out. The smell is an oily smell and the windows get coated with a greasy film; we can't even see out them. Any ideas?
You have a cracked heater core and that oily film is antifreeze!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.