Eat Better, Spend Less: Cheesey Hamburger and Pasta
by Julie Davis
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
2 cups chicken stock, scratch or from bouillon 1/4 cup ketchup
8 oz wide noodles
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In large skillet, brown beef, drain well. Combine stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil, stir in noodles. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Serves 5.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator