Eat Better, Spend Less: Cheesey Hamburger and Pasta
by Julie Davis
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
2 cups chicken stock, scratch or from bouillon 1/4 cup ketchup
8 oz wide noodles
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In large skillet, brown beef, drain well. Combine stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil, stir in noodles. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Serves 5.
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator