Eat Better, Spend Less: Cheesey Hamburger and Pasta
by Julie Davis
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
2 cups chicken stock, scratch or from bouillon 1/4 cup ketchup
8 oz wide noodles
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In large skillet, brown beef, drain well. Combine stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil, stir in noodles. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Serves 5.
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- Could you live without electricity and discretionary spending for a month?
- A 'glam" party for a 13 year old girl
- Could picky eating now lead to financial problems later?
- Don't toss your financial resolutions just yet Giveaway
- Removing pet urine smells
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator