Eat Better, Spend Less: Cheesey Hamburger and Pasta
by Julie Davis
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
2 cups chicken stock, scratch or from bouillon 1/4 cup ketchup
8 oz wide noodles
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In large skillet, brown beef, drain well. Combine stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil, stir in noodles. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cheese. Cook until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Serves 5.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips