Frugal Fitness: Which Bread Is Best?
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
Whole wheat bread or white? Does it make it difference? Absolutely! To start with, whole wheat bread is three times more filling than white because all the fiber is there. White bread also lacks 10+ important nutrients such as potassium, zinc, vitamin E, etc. Be sure that the first ingredient on the bread you buy is "100% whole wheat." Don't let them fool you with "wheat flour." That's the white, nutritionless stuff! Or, better yet, make it yourself so you know exactly what's in it!
Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., publishes a FREE email newsletter, "Fitness, Health, & Weight Loss". To start your free subscription, send any email message, mailto:Fitnessemail@example.com or visit http://www.Landry.com. For more information on weight training, email Top18@Landry.com
Trending on TDS
- Getting the most from gift cards
- Saving on supplements
- 10 secrets to keeping your New Year's resolutions
- Gift-giving etiquette tips for the holidays
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Cut cable-TV costs with internet TV