Country Cookin': Dump Cake
by Debbie Thomas
My mom gave me this recipe for Dump Cake years ago, and everyone in my family just loves it. Some prefer it cold, but I love to eat it warm with whipped cream on top. It's a perfect dessert to take pot luck dinners.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple drain off about 1/2 of the juice
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump and spread out pie filling in a 9"x12" baking dish, pour and carefully spread the pineapple (with the remaining juice) over the pie filling. Evenly spread the DRY cake mix over the pineapple. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix, then sprinkle the nuts over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown on top. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Trending on TDS
- What's on sale in September?
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less
- Do you pay more because of variable pricing?
- Money saving for dog owners Slideshow
- Spending to deal with stress
- How to live like a millionaire Video
- 5 ways to save money on formal clothing
- Could a wedding planner save money?