Country Cookin': Dump Cake
by Debbie Thomas
My mom gave me this recipe for Dump Cake years ago, and everyone in my family just loves it. Some prefer it cold, but I love to eat it warm with whipped cream on top. It's a perfect dessert to take pot luck dinners.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple drain off about 1/2 of the juice
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump and spread out pie filling in a 9"x12" baking dish, pour and carefully spread the pineapple (with the remaining juice) over the pie filling. Evenly spread the DRY cake mix over the pineapple. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix, then sprinkle the nuts over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown on top. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Worst 6 products to buy in May if you want a bargain
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Cheap ways to update your wardrobe as you lose weight
- How to save on outdoor equipment
- Home remedies to sooth the sizzle of sunburn