Country Cookin': Dump Cake
by Debbie Thomas
My mom gave me this recipe for Dump Cake years ago, and everyone in my family just loves it. Some prefer it cold, but I love to eat it warm with whipped cream on top. It's a perfect dessert to take pot luck dinners.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple drain off about 1/2 of the juice
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump and spread out pie filling in a 9"x12" baking dish, pour and carefully spread the pineapple (with the remaining juice) over the pie filling. Evenly spread the DRY cake mix over the pineapple. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix, then sprinkle the nuts over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown on top. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Trending on TDS
- Mix up your own energy drinks
- How to care for suede boots
- The cost of procrastination
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Selling Mary Kay: A good income source?
- Getting rid of acne
- How to quit your day job for your dream job
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke