Country Cookin': Dump Cake
by Debbie Thomas
My mom gave me this recipe for Dump Cake years ago, and everyone in my family just loves it. Some prefer it cold, but I love to eat it warm with whipped cream on top. It's a perfect dessert to take pot luck dinners.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple drain off about 1/2 of the juice
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump and spread out pie filling in a 9"x12" baking dish, pour and carefully spread the pineapple (with the remaining juice) over the pie filling. Evenly spread the DRY cake mix over the pineapple. Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix, then sprinkle the nuts over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown on top. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Also in Lifestyle
- Grocery items you can find on sale in March
- Make your hobby pay for itself
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke
- 4 ways to buy clothes for less
- Home hair coloring tips
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers