Eat Better, Spend Less: Scrambled Egg Soft Tacos
by Julie Davis
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas
- 12 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- dash hot sauce
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 10.5 oz can whole kernal corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- salsa, optional
Combine, eggs, milk, salt and hot sauce in medium bowl. Pour mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat until edges begin to set. Add corn and eggs. Scramble eggs. Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted, and eggs just cooked.
Place tortillas on microwave safe dish and microwave for one minute. Spoon eggs into tortillas and serve with salsa. Makes 12 soft tacos, two per adult.
Also In This Week's Issue
- Money skills key to child's future
- 6 steps to a successful money talk with your spouse
- 5 creative ways to wrap gift cards
- Thrifty stocking stuffers
- Should your kid take a part-time job?
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- Healthy family breakfasts
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free parenting tips in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Dollar Stretcher for Parents.