Eat Better, Spend Less: Scrambled Egg Soft Tacos
by Julie Davis
The Frugal Egg
Fast and Nutritious Breakfast Ideas
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas
- 12 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- dash hot sauce
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 10.5 oz can whole kernal corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- salsa, optional
Combine, eggs, milk, salt and hot sauce in medium bowl. Pour mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat until edges begin to set. Add corn and eggs. Scramble eggs. Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted, and eggs just cooked.
Place tortillas on microwave safe dish and microwave for one minute. Spoon eggs into tortillas and serve with salsa. Makes 12 soft tacos, two per adult.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips