Eat Better, Spend Less: Scrambled Egg Soft Tacos
by Julie Davis
The Frugal Egg
Fast and Nutritious Breakfast Ideas
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas
- 12 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- dash hot sauce
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 10.5 oz can whole kernal corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- salsa, optional
Combine, eggs, milk, salt and hot sauce in medium bowl. Pour mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat until edges begin to set. Add corn and eggs. Scramble eggs. Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted, and eggs just cooked.
Place tortillas on microwave safe dish and microwave for one minute. Spoon eggs into tortillas and serve with salsa. Makes 12 soft tacos, two per adult.
Trending on TDS
- Protecting college students from identity theft
- 6 steps to a romantic fall picnic
- Keeping family and friends entertained at holiday gatherings
- The argument for second-hand toys
- Frugal lessons from WW2
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator