Real Recipes for Real People: Hummingbird Cake!
by Kaylin Cherry
Homemade Cake Mix
Homemade Chocolate Mixes
Pie Baking Tips and Recipes
Spring is just around the corner! I can't wait to get out and dig in my garden, barbecue dinners and smell the fresh cut lawn. In anticipation of all of these long missed pleasures, I would like to introduce a unique cake to you, which is wonderful for summer picnics, reunions and all kinds of get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups bananas, chopped or mashed
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add eggs & oil, stirring until moistened. Do NOT beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, pecans and bananas. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a greased Bundt pan or a 9x13 inch cake pan for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool.
Frost cooled cake with:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Beat ingredients until fluffy and then frost cake.
You can receive free daily recipes such as this one, in your email box. Subscribe by sending an email to: realfood-request@Mailing-List.net and place the word 'subscribe' in the Body (not subject line) of the email, or visit http://www.realfood4realpeople.com
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Snap up these 9 deals in August
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How your family can make a difference on $5 or less
- The perks of part-time work
- Modeling impulse control for your children
- Business ideas for kids
- This week's Readers' Tips