Real Recipes for Real People: Hummingbird Cake!
by Kaylin Cherry
Homemade Cake Mix
Homemade Chocolate Mixes
Pie Baking Tips and Recipes
Spring is just around the corner! I can't wait to get out and dig in my garden, barbecue dinners and smell the fresh cut lawn. In anticipation of all of these long missed pleasures, I would like to introduce a unique cake to you, which is wonderful for summer picnics, reunions and all kinds of get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups bananas, chopped or mashed
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add eggs & oil, stirring until moistened. Do NOT beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, pecans and bananas. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a greased Bundt pan or a 9x13 inch cake pan for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool.
Frost cooled cake with:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Beat ingredients until fluffy and then frost cake.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
You can receive free daily recipes such as this one, in your email box. Subscribe by sending an email to: realfood-request@Mailing-List.net and place the word 'subscribe' in the Body (not subject line) of the email, or visit http://www.realfood4realpeople.com
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Keeping kids well-clothed for next to nothing
- Calculating how much life insurance you need
- Is your frugal lifestyle depriving your children?
- Inexpensive gifts for the graduate