Real Recipes for Real People: Hummingbird Cake!
by Kaylin Cherry
Spring is just around the corner! I can't wait to get out and dig in my garden, barbecue dinners and smell the fresh cut lawn. In anticipation of all of these long missed pleasures, I would like to introduce a unique cake to you, which is wonderful for summer picnics, reunions and all kinds of get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has.
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 8 ounce can Crushed Pineapple (undrained) 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 cups Bananas- chopped or mashed
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add eggs & oil, stirring until moistened. Do NOT beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, pecans and bananas. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a greased Bundt pan or a 9x13 inch cake pan, for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool.
Frost cooled cake with:
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese (softened) 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Beat ingredients until fluffy, then frost cake.
You can receive free daily recipes such as this one, in your email box. Subscribe by sending an email to: realfood-request@Mailing-List.net and place the word 'subscribe' in the Body (not subject line) of the email, or visit http://www.realfood4realpeople.com
Also in Family
- 9 ways to avoid marital money problems
- 6 child-safety errors parents make in cars
- Grocery items you can find on sale in March
- Properly defined dependents can pay off at tax time
- How to rein in a spending spouse
- Gift ideas for teen girls
- 4 free apps that help you save