Real Recipes for Real People: Hummingbird Cake!
by Kaylin Cherry
Homemade Cake Mix
Homemade Chocolate Mixes
Pie Baking Tips and Recipes
Spring is just around the corner! I can't wait to get out and dig in my garden, barbecue dinners and smell the fresh cut lawn. In anticipation of all of these long missed pleasures, I would like to introduce a unique cake to you, which is wonderful for summer picnics, reunions and all kinds of get-togethers. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups bananas, chopped or mashed
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add eggs & oil, stirring until moistened. Do NOT beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, pecans and bananas. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a greased Bundt pan or a 9x13 inch cake pan for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool.
Frost cooled cake with:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Beat ingredients until fluffy and then frost cake.
You can receive free daily recipes such as this one, in your email box. Subscribe by sending an email to: realfood-request@Mailing-List.net and place the word 'subscribe' in the Body (not subject line) of the email, or visit http://www.realfood4realpeople.com
Trending on TDS
- Getting in home help for an elderly parent
- Save on youth sports
- Taking professional quality photos with your cellphone
- 14 tools to make one income living possible
- Selling a prom dress
- 10 easy ways to get organized
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator