by Judi Johnson
Come Monday morning, lots of thrifty families are going to want something to do with those hard-boiled eggs. While this recipe sounds complicated, it is easy (my high school students are successful at making these - and the result is good, and fun!) The wonton skins can be purchased in most supermarkets in the Oriental Foods section.
Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions with tops
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 24 packaged wonton skins
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2/3 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Stir together first four ingredients. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in center of each wonton skin. Moisten edges with beaten egg. Fold over mixture, matching opposite corners. Pinch edges to seal. Place on platter or baking sheet, lightly pressing to flatten bottoms. In large skillet over medium heat, cook 12 of the potstickers in 1 tablespoon of oil until lightly browned on bottoms. Pour 1/3 cup water into pan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until wonton skins are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Repeat for remaining potstickers. In small saucepan stir together last four ingredients (including the remaining 1/3 cup water). Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture boils and is smooth and thickened. Serve with potstickers.
Trending on TDS
- Kids activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- A puppy for Christmas
- Extra income for single moms
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- 10 steps to zap holiday stress
- Gift ideas for teenage boys
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- November deals at the supermarket and beyond
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator