Eat Better, Spend Less: Spinach Pasta
by Julie Davis
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 3/4 t. basil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Cook onion, garlic and basil with olive oil in skillet until onion is tender. Add pepper strips; cook 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; heat through. Toss with pasta and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 large servings.
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in August
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator