Eat Better, Spend Less: Spinach Pasta
by Julie Davis
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 3/4 t. basil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Cook onion, garlic and basil with olive oil in skillet until onion is tender. Add pepper strips; cook 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; heat through. Toss with pasta and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 large servings.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator