Eat Better, Spend Less: Spinach Pasta
by Julie Davis
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 3/4 t. basil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Cook onion, garlic and basil with olive oil in skillet until onion is tender. Add pepper strips; cook 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; heat through. Toss with pasta and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 large servings.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator