Eat Better, Spend Less: Spinach Pasta
by Julie Davis
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 3/4 t. basil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Cook onion, garlic and basil with olive oil in skillet until onion is tender. Add pepper strips; cook 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; heat through. Toss with pasta and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 large servings.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Where to find the best deals in February
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- $10 for peace of mind for your family
- How not to fight about money
- When you just don't have money to feed your family
- What every stay-at-home mom should know about her financial future
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator