Eat Better, Spend Less: Spinach Pasta
by Julie Davis
- 2 cups uncooked penne
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 3/4 t. basil
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Cook onion, garlic and basil with olive oil in skillet until onion is tender. Add pepper strips; cook 3 minutes. Stir in spinach; heat through. Toss with pasta and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 large servings.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips