Taurus Fuel Pump
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1987 Ford Taurus (4 cyl.). I was driving it on the highway when I just lost power. The car still turns over, but I cannot get it started again. Could it be the fuel pump, and where is the fuel pump located? Also I heard there was a recall related to the fuel pumps on this car. Would you know anything about that?
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. And as far as a recall, you can go to http://www.alldata.com to see if there are any outstanding recalls.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive maintenance section and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?