Taurus Fuel Pump
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1987 Ford Taurus (4 cyl.). I was driving it on the highway when I just lost power. The car still turns over, but I cannot get it started again. Could it be the fuel pump, and where is the fuel pump located? Also I heard there was a recall related to the fuel pumps on this car. Would you know anything about that?
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. And as far as a recall, you can go to http://www.alldata.com to see if there are any outstanding recalls.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?