Taurus Fuel Pump
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1987 Ford Taurus (4 cyl.). I was driving it on the highway when I just lost power. The car still turns over, but I cannot get it started again. Could it be the fuel pump, and where is the fuel pump located? Also I heard there was a recall related to the fuel pumps on this car. Would you know anything about that?
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. And as far as a recall, you can go to http://www.alldata.com to see if there are any outstanding recalls.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?