Taurus Fuel Pump
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1987 Ford Taurus (4 cyl.). I was driving it on the highway when I just lost power. The car still turns over, but I cannot get it started again. Could it be the fuel pump, and where is the fuel pump located? Also I heard there was a recall related to the fuel pumps on this car. Would you know anything about that?
The fuel pump is in the gas tank. And as far as a recall, you can go to http://www.alldata.com to see if there are any outstanding recalls.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?