Country Cookin': Chicken and Rice
by Debbie Thomas
This chicken and rice recipe was passed down to me from my Aunt Leona. It was the dish she always brought to family get-togethers. It's been more than 15 years now that she's been gone, and now I'm the one that takes it to family get-togethers.
Chicken and Rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the chicken till tender, drain and reserve 1 cup of the broth. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9"x12" baking dish mix together all the ingredients including the reserved broth, except the chicken. Spread out evenly and place cooked chicken pieces on top and bake about an hour, the top should be golden brown and bubbly.
Sign up for Debbie's Country Cookin' by sending an email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
Trending on TDS
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Natural congestion remedies
- Why reuseable snack bags make sense Giveaway
- Family Halloween costumes
- A teen clothing allowance
- Halloween on a dime
- Beating the high cost of bedwetting
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator