Country Cookin': Chicken and Rice
by Debbie Thomas
This chicken and rice recipe was passed down to me from my Aunt Leona. It was the dish she always brought to family get-togethers. It's been more than 15 years now that she's been gone, and now I'm the one that takes it to family get-togethers.
Chicken and Rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the chicken till tender, drain and reserve 1 cup of the broth. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9"x12" baking dish mix together all the ingredients including the reserved broth, except the chicken. Spread out evenly and place cooked chicken pieces on top and bake about an hour, the top should be golden brown and bubbly.
Sign up for Debbie's Country Cookin' by sending an email to DebbiesCountryCookinfirstname.lastname@example.org
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator