Country Cookin': Chicken and Rice
by Debbie Thomas
This chicken and rice recipe was passed down to me from my Aunt Leona. It was the dish she always brought to family get-togethers. It's been more than 15 years now that she's been gone, and now I'm the one that takes it to family get-togethers.
Chicken and Rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the chicken till tender, drain and reserve 1 cup of the broth. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9"x12" baking dish mix together all the ingredients including the reserved broth, except the chicken. Spread out evenly and place cooked chicken pieces on top and bake about an hour, the top should be golden brown and bubbly.
Sign up for Debbie's Country Cookin' by sending an email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips