Country Cookin': Chicken and Rice
by Debbie Thomas
This chicken and rice recipe was passed down to me from my Aunt Leona. It was the dish she always brought to family get-togethers. It's been more than 15 years now that she's been gone, and now I'm the one that takes it to family get-togethers.
Chicken and Rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the chicken till tender, drain and reserve 1 cup of the broth. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9"x12" baking dish mix together all the ingredients including the reserved broth, except the chicken. Spread out evenly and place cooked chicken pieces on top and bake about an hour, the top should be golden brown and bubbly.
Sign up for Debbie's Country Cookin' by sending an email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips