Country Cookin': Chicken and Rice
by Debbie Thomas
This chicken and rice recipe was passed down to me from my Aunt Leona. It was the dish she always brought to family get-togethers. It's been more than 15 years now that she's been gone, and now I'm the one that takes it to family get-togethers.
Chicken and Rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil the chicken till tender, drain and reserve 1 cup of the broth. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9"x12" baking dish mix together all the ingredients including the reserved broth, except the chicken. Spread out evenly and place cooked chicken pieces on top and bake about an hour, the top should be golden brown and bubbly.
Sign up for Debbie's Country Cookin' by sending an email to DebbiesCountryCookinfirstname.lastname@example.org
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- 7 ways to keep college costs in check
- Home remedies for common winter ailments
- Buying and selling toys on craigslist
- Hiding debts from your spouse
- Is it possible to stay at home with your kids?
- Homemade cat food
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- Raising kids that launch Video
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- Best places to sell 8 popular household items
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator