Frugal Fitness: What Should I Eat?
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
When you get confused about what you should and shouldn't be eating... what's good for this and what's bad for that... just get back to the BASICS! You can't go wrong with this. God created fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts for us to consume. We are healthiest as a population when we do that (less heart disease, strokes, cancer, diabetes, obesity, etc.). He intended for us to eat them as they are in nature. For example, I don't think he intended broccoli to be covered with cheese sauce. He intended for us to eat corn and peanuts as they are and not for us to squeeze the oil out of them to eat as a concentrated source of fat. He intended for us to eat beets as they are and not to use the concentrated sugar from them to sweeten other things. If you eat food more or less as it is in nature, and in moderation, you usually can't go wrong... think NATURAL!
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Trending on TDS
- 5 ways to save big online on Black Friday
- Getting the best for your flower bouquet dollar
- Vegetarian on the cheap Video
- Homemade weight loss shakes
- Inexpensive holiday table décor
- Inexpensive gift-wrapping ideas
- When you have too much to do
- 5 tips for a budget-friendly vacation
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How major airlines compare on fees, perks
- Cut cable-TV costs with internet TV