Frugal Fitness: What Should I Eat?
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
When you get confused about what you should and shouldn't be eating... what's good for this and what's bad for that... just get back to the BASICS! You can't go wrong with this. God created fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts for us to consume. We are healthiest as a population when we do that (less heart disease, strokes, cancer, diabetes, obesity, etc.). He intended for us to eat them as they are in nature. For example, I don't think he intended broccoli to be covered with cheese sauce. He intended for us to eat corn and peanuts as they are and not for us to squeeze the oil out of them to eat as a concentrated source of fat. He intended for us to eat beets as they are and not to use the concentrated sugar from them to sweeten other things. If you eat food more or less as it is in nature, and in moderation, you usually can't go wrong... think NATURAL!
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- How to start a pet-sitting business
- How to sell your stuff on consignment Slideshow
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Grandma's secrets to super skin
- 8 fitness apps to aid your New Year's resolution
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 7 ways to haggle for the best bargain
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 6 ways to significantly boost your income