Frugal Fitness: What Should I Eat?
by Greg Landry, M.S. Exercise Physiologist
When you get confused about what you should and shouldn't be eating... what's good for this and what's bad for that... just get back to the BASICS! You can't go wrong with this. God created fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts for us to consume. We are healthiest as a population when we do that (less heart disease, strokes, cancer, diabetes, obesity, etc.). He intended for us to eat them as they are in nature. For example, I don't think he intended broccoli to be covered with cheese sauce. He intended for us to eat corn and peanuts as they are and not for us to squeeze the oil out of them to eat as a concentrated source of fat. He intended for us to eat beets as they are and not to use the concentrated sugar from them to sweeten other things. If you eat food more or less as it is in nature, and in moderation, you usually can't go wrong... think NATURAL!
Check out Author and exercise physiologist, Greg Landry, M.S., website at www.Landry.com.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Worst 6 products to buy in May if you want a bargain
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- The high cost of convenience
- How credit cards can reduce the cost of traveling
- Keep your leather boots looking good year after year Readers' Solutions