Tail Light Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Recently heavy rain hit my area and now water seemed to be caught in the shield of the tail light. At first it looked like water but it was really moisture. Texas requires State Inspections and the inspection place won't let me get my car get inspected because of this "moisture" inside the tail light, they say it might short my tail light wires. But after close inspection, the "moisture" does not touch any part of the tail light but the shield. The moisture is still there and I would like to get rid of it ASAP because the month's almost coming to an end.
Well, unfortunately, I think all states have that law. But anyway, you need to get that water out of there and then re-seal it up. Now, it got in, so there has to be a small hole somewhere. I would suggest removing it and turning it in all directions until you find the hole and then let it drain. Now if you can't find it, then drill a small hole just through the red plastic part to where the water is. Then let it drain out. Once it is completely dry, not just a little dry but completely (because if there are a few little drops, they will eventually evaporate inside the fixture and fog it up) then seal it back up. You could use household chaulking material but anything that is clear and has silicon in it will do the job just fine.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?