Country Cookin': Special Mashed Potatoes
by Debbie Thomas
For a delicious change from the old standby mashed potatoes that is also quick and easy, Yummy Mashed Potatoes are great.
Yummy Mashed Potatoes
5 large potatoes, cut into 1" pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
3 cups chicken broth (from bouillon, canned or fresh)
salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth. Mash potatoes with 1 cup of broth, salt and pepper. If needed, add additional broth until potatoes are desired consistency Serves six.
Subscribe for Debbie's Country Cookin' by email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
Trending on TDS
- Inexpensive meal ideas for family reunions
- Frugal family journeys into geneology
- Avoiding your parents' debts
- Giveaway: Back-to-school lunch essentials
- Baby toys you can make
- Respect for a stay-at-home mom
- Saving kids from consumierism
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Beating the back-to-school budget blues
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator