Country Cookin': Special Mashed Potatoes
by Debbie Thomas
For a delicious change from the old standby mashed potatoes that is also quick and easy, Yummy Mashed Potatoes are great.
Yummy Mashed Potatoes
5 large potatoes, cut into 1" pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
3 cups chicken broth (from bouillon, canned or fresh)
salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth. Mash potatoes with 1 cup of broth, salt and pepper. If needed, add additional broth until potatoes are desired consistency Serves six.
Subscribe for Debbie's Country Cookin' by email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Best September bargains for thrifty shoppers
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Selling kids clothes hassle free online
- Keeping kids' extra-curricular costs down with creative financing
- 5 financial tips for large families
- Raising a self-sufficient teen
- This week's Readers' Tips