Country Cookin': Special Mashed Potatoes
by Debbie Thomas
For a delicious change from the old standby mashed potatoes that is also quick and easy, Yummy Mashed Potatoes are great.
Yummy Mashed Potatoes
5 large potatoes, cut into 1" pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
3 cups chicken broth (from bouillon, canned or fresh)
salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth. Mash potatoes with 1 cup of broth, salt and pepper. If needed, add additional broth until potatoes are desired consistency Serves six.
Subscribe for Debbie's Country Cookin' by email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator