Country Cookin': Special Mashed Potatoes
by Debbie Thomas
For a delicious change from the old standby mashed potatoes that is also quick and easy, Yummy Mashed Potatoes are great.
Yummy Mashed Potatoes
5 large potatoes, cut into 1" pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
3 cups chicken broth (from bouillon, canned or fresh)
salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving broth. Mash potatoes with 1 cup of broth, salt and pepper. If needed, add additional broth until potatoes are desired consistency Serves six.
Subscribe for Debbie's Country Cookin' by email to DebbiesCountryCookinemail@example.com
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Sizzling savings: The 10 best deals in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- How are relationships faeected by money?
- What's best for baby? Store vs. name brands
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- This week's Readers' Tips