Summer Safety for Kids
Review and discuss these rules with your child to keep your summer injury-free.
- Always wear personal flotation devices when you go out in a boat.
- Never go into a locked pool area.
- Never swim without an adult accompanying you.
On your bicycle:
- Always were a bike helmet when you ride.
- Wear reflective clothing when it's hard to see you during later afternoon and at dusk.
On your skates:
- Wear full gear (wrist guards, elbow pads, knee pads, and a helmet) when in-line skating and skateboarding.
When you play outdoors:
- Make sure an adult is nearby when you play.
- Warm up before you exercise and play sports.
- Drink plenty of fluids, such as water.
- Wear a sun screen (SPF 15 or higher).
Reproduced with permission from LINK Newsletter (Learning in Kentucky). Originally on the web at The Parents Club.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator