Summer Safety for Kids
Review and discuss these rules with your child to keep your summer injury-free.
- Always wear personal flotation devices when you go out in a boat.
- Never go into a locked pool area.
- Never swim without an adult accompanying you.
On your bicycle:
- Always were a bike helmet when you ride.
- Wear reflective clothing when it's hard to see you during later afternoon and at dusk.
On your skates:
- Wear full gear (wrist guards, elbow pads, knee pads, and a helmet) when in-line skating and skateboarding.
When you play outdoors:
- Make sure an adult is nearby when you play.
- Warm up before you exercise and play sports.
- Drink plenty of fluids, such as water.
- Wear a sun screen (SPF 15 or higher).
Reproduced with permission from LINK Newsletter (Learning in Kentucky). Originally on the web at The Parents Club.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What's on sale in October
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Readers share their Halloween costumes Slideshow
- Improve your marriage without expensive counseling
- 10 affordable father-daughter dates
- 10 ways to reduce college costs for your kids
- Top 5 tips for packing a healthier lunchbox
- Money-saving ideas for working moms
- 5 teen bedroom decorating tips
- Pursuing your dream of staying home with your children
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator