Summer Safety for Kids
Review and discuss these rules with your child to keep your summer injury-free.
- Always wear personal flotation devices when you go out in a boat.
- Never go into a locked pool area.
- Never swim without an adult accompanying you.
On your bicycle:
- Always were a bike helmet when you ride.
- Wear reflective clothing when it's hard to see you during later afternoon and at dusk.
On your skates:
- Wear full gear (wrist guards, elbow pads, knee pads, and a helmet) when in-line skating and skateboarding.
When you play outdoors:
- Make sure an adult is nearby when you play.
- Warm up before you exercise and play sports.
- Drink plenty of fluids, such as water.
- Wear a sun screen (SPF 15 or higher).
Reproduced with permission from LINK Newsletter (Learning in Kentucky). Originally on the web at The Parents Club.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Is the economy killing fatherhood?
- How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?
- Teaching kids how to do basic home repairs
- Finding new childcare solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips