Easy Gourmet Sauces
Love gourmet and ethnic food, but don't want to pay the extravagant prices for them? These gourmet sauces can actually spice up your budget by first of all saving you money on bottles sauces, and also take plain, inexpensive foods, and turning them into meal treasures. Great for vegetarian or meat meals.
Here are three fast & easy recipes for sauces:
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 c. peanut butter (preferably creamy) 1/4 c. oil
- 1 crushed up chile pod, or 1 T chile powder 2 T soy sauce
Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high for one minute. Serve over hot rice or thin noodles.
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 white onion minced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 crushed chile pod or 1/2 T chile powder cilantro chopped
- *1 jalapeno (opt)
Mix all ingredients by hand until completely mixed. Serve over tortilla topped with pinto beans, rice, and cheese; or plain rice, as a side dish; or use with tortilla chips as a snack.
Easy Garlic Basil Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 c. milk
- 2 chopped garlic cloves or 1 t garlic powder 2 T chopped fresh basil/basic spice
- salt & pepper to taste
Melt butter in sauce pan and saute garlic and basil till aromatic. Add flour and immediately add milk. Stir constantly, until thickened into smooth white herb sauce. Remove and serve over linguine, gnocchi, or other pasta; or rice. If your sauce has lumps, simply pour lumpy mix into blender for a minute.
Dezra* is Editor of "The Abundant Life Journal," and is a published non-fiction Inspirational Author, Creative Designer, and Facilitator of personal empowerment topics--that include utilizing inner creativity for outer resourcefulness. Her works are featured on bkworld.com, spiritweb.com; and available on Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Best September bargains for thrifty shoppers
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Start now and have a stress free Christmas later
- Raising money for your school, church or non-profit group
- Inexpensive storybook costume ideas
- Organizing the disorganized mom
- This week's Readers' Tips