Easy Gourmet Sauces
Love gourmet and ethnic food, but don't want to pay the extravagant prices for them? These gourmet sauces can actually spice up your budget by first of all saving you money on bottles sauces, and also take plain, inexpensive foods, and turning them into meal treasures. Great for vegetarian or meat meals.
Here are three fast & easy recipes for sauces:
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 c. peanut butter (preferably creamy) 1/4 c. oil
- 1 crushed up chile pod, or 1 T chile powder 2 T soy sauce
Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high for one minute. Serve over hot rice or thin noodles.
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 white onion minced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 crushed chile pod or 1/2 T chile powder cilantro chopped
- *1 jalapeno (opt)
Mix all ingredients by hand until completely mixed. Serve over tortilla topped with pinto beans, rice, and cheese; or plain rice, as a side dish; or use with tortilla chips as a snack.
Easy Garlic Basil Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 c. milk
- 2 chopped garlic cloves or 1 t garlic powder 2 T chopped fresh basil/basic spice
- salt & pepper to taste
Melt butter in sauce pan and saute garlic and basil till aromatic. Add flour and immediately add milk. Stir constantly, until thickened into smooth white herb sauce. Remove and serve over linguine, gnocchi, or other pasta; or rice. If your sauce has lumps, simply pour lumpy mix into blender for a minute.
Dezra* is Editor of "The Abundant Life Journal," and is a published non-fiction Inspirational Author, Creative Designer, and Facilitator of personal empowerment topics--that include utilizing inner creativity for outer resourcefulness. Her works are featured on bkworld.com, spiritweb.com; and available on Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com
Trending on TDS
- Protecting college students from identity theft
- 6 steps to a romantic fall picnic
- Keeping family and friends entertained at holiday gatherings
- The argument for second-hand toys
- Frugal lessons from WW2
- How mentors turn kids into successful adults
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- November deals at the supermarket and beyond
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator