Easy Gourmet Sauces
Love gourmet and ethnic food, but don't want to pay the extravagant prices for them? These gourmet sauces can actually spice up your budget by first of all saving you money on bottles sauces, and also take plain, inexpensive foods, and turning them into meal treasures. Great for vegetarian or meat meals.
Here are three fast & easy recipes for sauces:
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 c. peanut butter (preferably creamy) 1/4 c. oil
- 1 crushed up chile pod, or 1 T chile powder 2 T soy sauce
Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high for one minute. Serve over hot rice or thin noodles.
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 white onion minced
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 crushed chile pod or 1/2 T chile powder cilantro chopped
- *1 jalapeno (opt)
Mix all ingredients by hand until completely mixed. Serve over tortilla topped with pinto beans, rice, and cheese; or plain rice, as a side dish; or use with tortilla chips as a snack.
Easy Garlic Basil Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 c. milk
- 2 chopped garlic cloves or 1 t garlic powder 2 T chopped fresh basil/basic spice
- salt & pepper to taste
Melt butter in sauce pan and saute garlic and basil till aromatic. Add flour and immediately add milk. Stir constantly, until thickened into smooth white herb sauce. Remove and serve over linguine, gnocchi, or other pasta; or rice. If your sauce has lumps, simply pour lumpy mix into blender for a minute.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Dezra* is Editor of "The Abundant Life Journal," and is a published non-fiction Inspirational Author, Creative Designer, and Facilitator of personal empowerment topics--that include utilizing inner creativity for outer resourcefulness. Her works are featured on bkworld.com, spiritweb.com; and available on Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Improve your sleep for less
- How to get through prom season with the budget intact
- Planning a family reunion on a shoestring
- Tween girl's birthday party ideas Readers' Solutions