Kids + Clothes = Mess, Not!
by Barbara Stacy
We have 6 children (5 boys and 1 girl). Laundry seems to be never ending here. I have found a little idea that helps save time and maybe a little sanity as well...
I bought a few boxes of the gallon zipper-type baggies. Each child's name is written on a certain number of baggies in permanent marker. The clean clothes are folded neatly and put into the proper bag in "outfits" (shirt & shorts/pants, etc.). This makes it easier for them to get dressed each day and is definitely a heaven sent idea when packing for a trip.
Each child in our family has an assigned color. Everything belonging to a certain child is that child's color...tooth brush, towel & wash cloth, the dot on the heel of the socks, the dot on the waistband of the undies, etc. This helps them be sure to use the proper items, but also lets mom and dad know who isn't putting things away properly.
Trending on TDS
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Natural congestion remedies
- Why reuseable snack bags make sense Giveaway
- Family Halloween costumes
- A teen clothing allowance
- Halloween on a dime
- Beating the high cost of bedwetting
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- October deals at the supermarket and beyond
- Why women are dropping out of the workforce
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator