Kids + Clothes = Mess, Not!
by Barbara Stacy
We have 6 children (5 boys and 1 girl). Laundry seems to be never ending here. I have found a little idea that helps save time and maybe a little sanity as well...
I bought a few boxes of the gallon zipper-type baggies. Each child's name is written on a certain number of baggies in permanent marker. The clean clothes are folded neatly and put into the proper bag in "outfits" (shirt & shorts/pants, etc.). This makes it easier for them to get dressed each day and is definitely a heaven sent idea when packing for a trip.
Each child in our family has an assigned color. Everything belonging to a certain child is that child's color...tooth brush, towel & wash cloth, the dot on the heel of the socks, the dot on the waistband of the undies, etc. This helps them be sure to use the proper items, but also lets mom and dad know who isn't putting things away properly.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- The 11 best bargains at the checkout counter in May
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Improve your sleep for less
- How to get through prom season with the budget intact
- Planning a family reunion on a shoestring
- Tween girl's birthday party ideas Readers' Solutions
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator