Homemade Hair Detangler
Hair Care Savings
My Story: Beautiful Hair
Simple Homemade Hair Detangler
Instead of buying expensive hair detangler spray, I make up my own and it leaves my hair moisturized and smelling great. First, I take a regular 16-ounce spray bottle and put in two tablespoons of hair conditioner. Then I slowly fill the rest up with warm water and shake until conditioner is completely dissolved. To take care of my curly perm, every morning I spray my concoction on my hair. My hair just comes untangled and I am able to work out curls with my fingers.
Natural Homemade Hair Detangler
To make a hair rinse, pour 2 to 2.5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a recycled water bottle. Add water. Close your eyes and pour some over your hair to help with the tangles.
Homemade Detangler with Baby Oil
I have very thick wavy hair, and one day, I was out of conditioner. What to do? No conditioner meant I couldn't get a comb or brush through my hair. I grabbed the baby oil, put a few drops on my hands, and rubbed it through my hair. Presto! Now that's all I use!
The oil makes my hair just a little bit slippery and that's all I need. I haven't used conditioner now for over a year. Try it! I towel dry first and then I put a few drops on my hands, rub together, and "comb" through my hair with my fingers. Then I use a wide tooth comb. It's easy!
Take the Next Step:
- For more hair detangler tips, click here.
- Subscribe today to get your free Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. Twice each week we'll share great ideas from our readers. Everything from auto insurance to weddings to help you live better for less.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- How much is all that clutter costing you?
- 10 ways to reduce the cost of your commute
- Can you afford to quit your high stress job?
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- This week's Readers' Tips