Week four of a 5-week to-do list to help you prepare for Christmas
Christmas Countdown Calendar:
Christmas Countdown Calendar: Week One
Christmas Countdown Calendar: Week Two
Christmas Countdown Calendar: Week Three
Christmas Countdown Calendar: Week Five
If you have not yet begun your Christmas preparations, as of December 11, you only have two short weeks to get ready. Hopefully you have your home decorated already, but if not, here are ten simple ways to get your home in the holiday spirit in a hurry. Or if you are in need of some gift ideas, you can find some great ones in the TDS Christmas gift idea section. And if those gifts need to be shipped last minute, this video from Bankrate can give you some tips for doing so for the least amount of money.
If you have been following our Christmas Countdown, here are those things you might want to get "wrapped up" this week:
Don't forget to water the tree if you have a real one!
Plan a night to take the kids see Santa.
Do a thorough cleaning of the house this week so you can just worry about smaller cleaning projects next week. Enlist the family's help in getting the house clean and keeping it clean until Christmas.
Have kids go through old toys in order to make room for the new and donate them to charity.
Finish up any baking or make-ahead recipes you need to complete.
Double-check that you have all ingredients you will need to make Christmas breakfast, brunch and/or dinner.
Make sure you have enough plates, silver, napkins, etc. for your holiday meals.
Check your gift-giving list twice to make sure you have not forgotten to pick up anything so you can avoid the crowds in the stores next week.
- If you have any remaining gifts or cards that need to be mailed, send them out this week!
Take the Next Step:
- For more Christmas preparation tips, visit the TDS Christmas library section and the TDS Christmas page.
- Follow our Pinterest holiday boards: DIY Holiday Gifts and Preparing for a Frugal Holiday Season.
- Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
- Subscribe today to get your free Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. Twice each week we'll share great ideas from our readers. Everything from auto insurance to weddings to help you live better for less.
Trending on TDS
- 7 ways to travel the world for free
- How to find cheap airfares
- Save money and stay healthy with a vegetarian diet
- 12 ways you can help others without spending money
- Controlling a messy closet for less!
- Learning to be self-sufficient
- How to quit your day job for your dream job
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke