How to wrap Christmas gifts inexpensively
Inexpensive Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas
Save Money on Holiday Cards
Fabric Holiday Bags
Fun, Inexpensive Gift Wrap
Inexpensive Gift Wrap for Guys
Outdated maps and road atlases make great gift wrapping paper, especially for the men in your life.
Creative Gift Wrap Ideas
I spend next to nothing for gift wrap, but my gifts get rave reviews for "creativity." I keep my eyes open for likely containers, such as inexpensive baskets, unusual boxes that need only a ribbon, free shopping bags, mesh bags from fruit, kids' party bootie bags, paper mache vegetable baskets.
Inexpensive Christmas Wrapping Ideas for Kids
I hate to spend money on gift bags and fancy paper that will just get thrown away so I now purchase children's pillowcases when they are on sale (sometimes for as little as 99 cents). I put the child's gift into the pillowcase and tie the top with a ribbon or, if it's a girl, a ponytail holder. The child now has a special pillow case that can be used along with whatever was inside.
Colorful Christmas Gift Wrap
For our immediate family, I use the colored advertising brochures that come with our newspaper as our wrapping paper. As the season approaches, often these ads have Christmas ideas or decorations on the ad pages. And even if it is just a grocery flier that's in color, from a distance, the gifts appear colorful under the tree no matter what is advertised. We don't get colored comics with our paper, but they too would work!
Inexpensive Creative Gift Wrap Ideas
Salvage shredded paper from the office shredder (with the employer's permission) for filling out gift bags and baskets!
Wrap gifts in construction paper; arrange paper doilies (or snowflakes) around the gift in a pleasing pattern and glue them in place. Pages from Christmas magazines and catalogs can be used for wrapping small gifts. Christmas magazines can also be used for tags, cards, etc.
Take the Next Step:
- Subscribe today to get your free Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. Twice each week we'll share great ideas from our readers. Everything from auto insurance to weddings to help you live better for less.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Trending on TDS
- How does shopping make you feel?
- Become a blackbelt in smart seasonal shopping
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 10 ways to eat organic on the cheap
- Make your own salves and balms
- How to have a great budget wardrobe
- Pricing garage sale items to sell
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 6 travel scams to avoid on your next trip
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke