Getting Creative with Flavored Coffee
I like to add eggnog instead of milk. I also add cinnamon, ginger or even a drop of vanilla extract (or almond, mint, etc.). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but even if you fail, it doesn't taste all that bad!
The Greatest Flavored Coffee in the World
- Brew your own coffee at home.
- Add non-fat dry milk powder.
- Add rich chocolate Ovaltine. Add two tablespoons at the very least.
Instant Homemade Cappuccino
Here's an instant cappuccino mix recipe that you can put in a decorative jar.
1 cup instant creamer
1 cup Nestle Quick
2/3 cup instant coffee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
I made mine and bought a 99 cent plastic jar to put it in. I then made a cute label with the recipe on it and taped it on.
Flavored Coffee from the Backyard
I've made dandelion coffee before and it's pretty good in my opinion. Digging the roots is the hardest part. Just scrub them with a vegetable brush and wash well. Then chunk up and roast in a slow oven until they're brown. You can use a coffee grinder, a mill (set on coarse) or a blender to grind them. I always think I'll make enough in the fall to have it now and then over the winter, but I never do.
Take the Next Step:
Trending on TDS
- How to make your printer ink cartridges last longer
- Share your skills and make some extra cash
- Budget freindly ways to look younger
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Stay in style on a budget
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Yard sale etiquette
- 9 social media no-nos that can get you fired
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- 6 travel scams to avoid on your next trip
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke