Getting Creative with Flavored Coffee
I like to add eggnog instead of milk. I also add cinnamon, ginger or even a drop of vanilla extract (or almond, mint, etc.). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but even if you fail, it doesn't taste all that bad!
The Greatest Flavored Coffee in the World
- Brew your own coffee at home.
- Add non-fat dry milk powder.
- Add rich chocolate Ovaltine. Add two tablespoons at the very least.
Instant Homemade Cappuccino
Here's an instant cappuccino mix recipe that you can put in a decorative jar.
1 cup instant creamer
1 cup Nestle Quick
2/3 cup instant coffee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
I made mine and bought a 99 cent plastic jar to put it in. I then made a cute label with the recipe on it and taped it on.
Flavored Coffee from the Backyard
I've made dandelion coffee before and it's pretty good in my opinion. Digging the roots is the hardest part. Just scrub them with a vegetable brush and wash well. Then chunk up and roast in a slow oven until they're brown. You can use a coffee grinder, a mill (set on coarse) or a blender to grind them. I always think I'll make enough in the fall to have it now and then over the winter, but I never do.
Take the Next Step:
Trending on TDS
- Tools for reaching your goals Slideshow
- 4 ways to profit from a gift card you don't want
- Natural flea prevention
- Don't overspend on your wedding
- 8 ways to scam-proof your next vacation home rental
- Tips for profitable yard sale presentation
- Rent a garden plot
- Using lemons for your health and cleaning
- Garage Sales 101
- Taking professional quality photos with your cellphone
- Savings for singles
- 10 easy ways to get organized
- What's on sale in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 dental scams that can put the bite on you
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 cheap -- or even free -- ways to exercise