Getting Creative with Flavored Coffee
I like to add eggnog instead of milk. I also add cinnamon, ginger or even a drop of vanilla extract (or almond, mint, etc.). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but even if you fail, it doesn't taste all that bad!
The Greatest Flavored Coffee in the World
- Brew your own coffee at home.
- Add non-fat dry milk powder.
- Add rich chocolate Ovaltine. Add two tablespoons at the very least.
Instant Homemade Cappuccino
Here's an instant cappuccino mix recipe that you can put in a decorative jar.
1 cup instant creamer
1 cup Nestle Quick
2/3 cup instant coffee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
I made mine and bought a 99 cent plastic jar to put it in. I then made a cute label with the recipe on it and taped it on.
Flavored Coffee from the Backyard
I've made dandelion coffee before and it's pretty good in my opinion. Digging the roots is the hardest part. Just scrub them with a vegetable brush and wash well. Then chunk up and roast in a slow oven until they're brown. You can use a coffee grinder, a mill (set on coarse) or a blender to grind them. I always think I'll make enough in the fall to have it now and then over the winter, but I never do.
Take the Next Step:
Trending on TDS
- How to find lipstick for less
- The beginner's guide to co-op buying
- 7 easy steps to shedding clothing you'll never wear
- All-natural facial masks
- Pricing garage sale items
- Creating an outdoor room on a budget
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less