Getting Creative with Flavored Coffee
I like to add eggnog instead of milk. I also add cinnamon, ginger or even a drop of vanilla extract (or almond, mint, etc.). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but even if you fail, it doesn't taste all that bad!
The Greatest Flavored Coffee in the World
- Brew your own coffee at home.
- Add non-fat dry milk powder.
- Add rich chocolate Ovaltine. Add two tablespoons at the very least.
Instant Homemade Cappuccino
Here's an instant cappuccino mix recipe that you can put in a decorative jar.
1 cup instant creamer
1 cup Nestle Quick
2/3 cup instant coffee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
I made mine and bought a 99 cent plastic jar to put it in. I then made a cute label with the recipe on it and taped it on.
Flavored Coffee from the Backyard
I've made dandelion coffee before and it's pretty good in my opinion. Digging the roots is the hardest part. Just scrub them with a vegetable brush and wash well. Then chunk up and roast in a slow oven until they're brown. You can use a coffee grinder, a mill (set on coarse) or a blender to grind them. I always think I'll make enough in the fall to have it now and then over the winter, but I never do.
Take the Next Step:
Trending on TDS
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- How to start a pet-sitting business
- How to sell your stuff on consignment Slideshow
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Grandma's secrets to super skin
- 8 fitness apps to aid your New Year's resolution
- 5 ways to look good for less
- 7 ways to haggle for the best bargain
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 6 ways to significantly boost your income