How to eliminate fleas at home
Controlling and Eliminating Fleas
Grits to Eliminate Fleas
I had a flea problem in an apartment when I moved in and had maintenance spray numerous times, but they couldn't get rid of the fleas. I heard about grits and tried it. Sprinkle grits throughout; let this sit for five minutes and then vacuum.
Eliminating Fleas at Home
To prevent fleas from returning, once you have shampooed all animals with a flea killing shampoo, wash all the bedding. Bomb the inside of the house and spray the surrounding area with proper flea preventative products. Vacuum daily with moth balls in the bag. Better yet, get a cylinder vacuum and empty it right away. I put moth crystals in my cylinder as well. This will help to kill or curtail the existing fleas and kill eggs in carpet.
Naturally Eliminate Fleas
Wash tile floors, tubs, showers, outdoor sidewalks, and white clothing with white vinegar and a small amount of water. Repels fleas and other insects. It's inexpensive and easy.
Scented Oil for Dog's Fleas
I have a suggestion, which works fairly well. Use lavender oil on the pet's fur. I put the oil on my palms and rub it onto the surface of the fur and then gently brush it through the fur to the skin level. Apply where fleas are worst, which seems to be the tail area and the ears. You can also put the lavender oil on the pet's collar. As far as I know, lavender oil is non-toxic.
Brewers Yeast Eliminates Fleas
Go to the feed store and buy, for $4.50, a jar of 500 tablets of brewer's yeast and garlic tablets. Give five to each dog every day, and they do like them!
Take the Next Step:
- More great time and money saving ideas in Dollar Stretcher Tips enewsletter. A twice weekly look at how to stretch your day and your dollar!
- Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 6 things you shouldn't buy in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Beauty or the budget beast?
- Become a blackbelt in smart seasonal shopping
- 10 ways to eat organic on the cheap
- This week's Readers' Tips