Valentines Cards for School
One of my sons is still in elementary school and will give valentines to his entire class. After Valentine's Day is over, I buy the boxes of small valentines to exchange when they are severely discounted. I've gotten some boxes as low as 15 cents. I even found a bag of SpongeBob valentines with lollipops for less than 50 cents. Then I just save them until the next year and use them then. I've got several different ones in a bag for my son to choose from this year.
Valentines Dinner for Kids
We try to keep it fairly low key. There is usually a present (very small) and a small box of chocolates for the kids. For dinner, I usually go with a theme. Last year I made heart shaped pepperoni pizza with strawberry milkshakes. The kids love the theme dinners!
My daughter loves art and craft projects, so we'll be working together on the stuff for her classmates. I'm making little boxes and the ribbon will be a trim on the top box. A little heart will pop out (attached with a strip of accordion-ed paper) and there will be a piece of candy inside. My daughter will decorate the hearts and write the names on the boxes and put the candy inside. I will make the boxes and the accordion strip of paper.
I think I'm going to make up little coupon books for kids. The coupons will be for things like 30 minutes to watch what they want on TV, a free "get of a chore" day, cookie baking with mom, etc.
Kids Love Play-Doh!
Mini Play-Doh tubs can be found in sets of 20 for $4.94 for Valentine's Day, so I purchased two set for both of my kids' classes.
Valentines Puzzles and Dollar Gifts
The dollar store had great Valentine's Day puzzles for the kids. I also picked up a couple of hearts filled with jellybeans so the kids are done for Valentine's Day.
Trending on TDS
- What's on sale in September?
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less
- Do you pay more because of variable pricing?
- Money saving for dog owners Slideshow
- Spending to deal with stress
- How to live like a millionaire Video
- 5 ways to save money on formal clothing
- Could a wedding planner save money?