Money Saving Oven Cleaner
Easy Oven Cleaning
10 Helpful Kitchen Cleaning Tips
Degreasing Range Hood Filters
Dish Soap as a Nontoxic Oven Cleaner
I have found that it's easy to get burned food off pans, etc. by putting some dry dishwasher detergent in the pan. Fill about half full of water and boil a few minutes. I also boil the burner liners in water and dish detergent. Mix hot water with dishwasher detergent and clean the oven. It works on the toughest jobs and it doesn't have the smell of commercial oven cleaner. You can only put in a little water at a time, so if the oven is very dirty, you need to repeat.
Natural Oven Cleaner: Just Add Sunlight
To clean oven and grill racks, lay them in the dew-covered grass overnight. In the morning, rinse with soap and clean water. They will sparkle. No chemicals or scrubbing needed.
Pumic Stones for Natural Oven Cleaner
These little stones are great for getting the rough edges off your feet, but there are many uses for them. They are also great for getting baked-on stains off your oven. You can use a pumice stone on anything enamel, and it won't scratch the surface. I buy mine at the dollar store. Usually they are attached to a stick or a brush of some kind to be used on your feet, but I'm able to pry it off the stick so I can use it for cleaning.
Cleaning Stove Drip Plans
When cleaning the drip pans under the stove elements, cover them with water in a Dutch oven. Add dishwashing liquid to the water and boil for 5 minutes. This cleans them back to brand new quality without all that nasty scrubbing.
Oven Cleaning Tip
I have also heard that putting a dish of full strength ammonia in the closed oven overnight loosens the gunk so it wipes off easily. Just put a note on the oven to remind you the stuff is in there. I wouldn't think it's a good idea to heat up the ammonia.
Natural Homemade Oven Cleaner
Combine 1/3 cup baking soda, 1/3 cup ammonia, 1/3 cup white vinegar with a gallon of water. Shake well and pour the solution into a spray bottle. I recently cleaned my oven with minimal elbow grease after spraying and leaving the solution to sit for a while before wiping off.
Take the Next Step:
- Subscribe today to get your free Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. Twice each week we'll share great ideas from our readers. Everything from auto insurance to weddings to help you live better for less.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?