Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Turkey Soup
After turkey sandwiches, put the turkey carcass (with a little turkey left on) into a pot of water, add leftover gravy if you have it, and cook until turkey falls off bones. Remove bones and add split peas, a little barley, and whatever herbs and/or spices you fancy.
Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Turkey Enchiladas
I have a great tip for upcoming Thanksgiving leftovers. Use that leftover turkey for enchiladas! Man, are they good! I cook a turkey at least two or three times a year specifically for enchilada meat. Just make them like always but substitute turkey. People ask for mine all the time!
Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Nacho Turkey Casserole
I came across this recipe when I brought down my recipe box (old computer diskette holder) to clean:
- 5 (2 1/2) cups of slightly crushed tortilla chips
- 4 (2) cups of cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 (1) 16oz. jars salsa
- 1 10oz pkg. (1 cup) frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 1/2 (1/4) cup dairy sour cream
- 2 (1) Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 4oz (1/2 cup 2oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or mozzarella cheese
- one thinly sliced jalapeno chile pepper, optional
Lightly grease a 3 (2) quart rectangular baking dish. Place 3 (1 1/2) cups of the tortilla chips in bottom of dish. In a large bowl, combine turkey, salsa, corn, sour cream, and flour. Spoon over tortilla chips.
Bake uncovered in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining chips and cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Top with jalapenos if desired.
Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Winter Casserole
Take a container that you can freeze and layer the leftover turkey, gravy, veggies, then stuffing and sweet and/or mashed potatoes. Cover and freeze. Then a few weeks later in the dead of winter, you will have "Thanksgiving casserole."
My second recipe is for pizza. Take pizza dough/shell and spread leftover cranberry sauce on top. Then put leftover turkey and cover with shredded cheddar cheese and bake as usual. Yummy!
Take the Next Step:
- For more Thanksgiving leftover recipes, click here.
- Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
- Subscribe today to get your free Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. Twice each week we'll share great ideas from our readers. Everything from auto insurance to weddings to help you live better for less.
Trending on TDS
- Natural wound care Speonsored Review & Giveaway
- Money saving for dog owners Slideshow
- Do you spend to deal with stress?
- How to live like a millionaire Video
- Affordable wedding dinner centerpieces
- Using MeetUp.com to save money
- Avoiding vacation debt & regret Video
- How to quit your day job for your dream job
- How to build a wardrobe on any budget
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke