Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Turkey Soup
After turkey sandwiches, put the turkey carcass (with a little turkey left on) into a pot of water, add leftover gravy if you have it, and cook until turkey falls off bones. Remove bones and add split peas, a little barley, and whatever herbs and/or spices you fancy.
Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Turkey Enchiladas
I have a great tip for upcoming Thanksgiving leftovers. Use that leftover turkey for enchiladas! Man, are they good! I cook a turkey at least two or three times a year specifically for enchilada meat. Just make them like always but substitute turkey. People ask for mine all the time!
Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Nacho Turkey Casserole
I came across this recipe when I brought down my recipe box (old computer diskette holder) to clean:
- 5 (2 1/2) cups of slightly crushed tortilla chips
- 4 (2) cups of cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 (1) 16oz. jars salsa
- 1 10oz pkg. (1 cup) frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 1/2 (1/4) cup dairy sour cream
- 2 (1) Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 4oz (1/2 cup 2oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers or mozzarella cheese
- one thinly sliced jalapeno chile pepper, optional
Lightly grease a 3 (2) quart rectangular baking dish. Place 3 (1 1/2) cups of the tortilla chips in bottom of dish. In a large bowl, combine turkey, salsa, corn, sour cream, and flour. Spoon over tortilla chips.
Bake uncovered in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining chips and cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Top with jalapenos if desired.
Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas: Winter Casserole
Take a container that you can freeze and layer the leftover turkey, gravy, veggies, then stuffing and sweet and/or mashed potatoes. Cover and freeze. Then a few weeks later in the dead of winter, you will have "Thanksgiving casserole."
My second recipe is for pizza. Take pizza dough/shell and spread leftover cranberry sauce on top. Then put leftover turkey and cover with shredded cheddar cheese and bake as usual. Yummy!
Take the Next Step:
- For more Thanksgiving leftover recipes, click here.
- Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
- Subscribe today to get your free Dollar Stretcher Tips email newsletter. Twice each week we'll share great ideas from our readers. Everything from auto insurance to weddings to help you live better for less.
Trending on TDS
- Can group travel reduce expenses?
- 8 low-cost ways to reduce stress
- Dream wedding cost-cutting tips Video
- Make your own bath bombs
- 10 ways to reduce vet bills
- Is Amazon Prime Pantry a Good Deal?
- What's on sale in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 dental scams that can put the bite on you
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 cheap -- or even free -- ways to exercise