A fireplace can be a cheap source of heat if you keep costs in check
Frugal Fireplace and Firewood Home Heating Tips
How one family gets the most heat from our fireplace.Wood Heat for your Home
Understanding wood and pellet heatersFree Firewood
5 places to find free firewood for your fireplace or woodstove.Free Fireplace Logs
A heat-producing fire could cost you nothing!
Simple homemade fire starters.Fireplace Safety Tips
Keeping that warm glow safe for your family.Firewood Facts
What you need to know when buying firewood.Homemade Fireplace Logs
Could you recycle your old newspapers into needed heat this winter?Burn Corn to Heat Your Home
Should you consider burning corn for heat?Burning Wood
Wood heating is no longer a social statement, it's a practical solution
Trending on TDS
Helpful Tools & Resources
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?