8 ways to collect free money!
Never Turn Down Free Money
guest post by Tamara W.
6 Ways to Find Free Money
Raising Quick Cash
How to Find Unclaimed Property in All States
Suze Orman listed as one of her 2015 resolutions never to turn down free money. In that spirit, here are a few tips:
- Always contribute at least enough to the 401K to get the company match.
- Find out what you need to do to qualify for wellness rewards at work.
- Deposit your coin jar at the bank instead of the Coinstar machine, which takes a portion of the proceeds.
- Do you have Coke Rewards points? They expire now after 90 days. If you aren't going to use them up, donate the points to charity, so they aren't lost.
- If you cannot use up travel miles before they expire, donate them to a soldier or charity.
- Always check your receipts for rebates and free coupons for a few dollars off your next visit.
- If you earn credit card points, review the items you can redeem points for around October. You may be able to get household appliances, toys, and other items for the Christmas holidays and receive them in six to eight weeks and thus before the holiday.
- Many companies offer free retirement, college planning, and investing seminars, generally presentations by the same company that manages the retirement plan. These seminars are a good first step for those starting to save and invest for long-term goals.
If you have a story that could help save time or money, please send it to MyStory@stretcher.com
Take the Next Step:
- Get the interest you deserve! Compare money market and savings account rates with our best rate finder. It only takes a minute and your privacy is completely protected.
- Get proactive about tackling your debt. Get the TDS ebook How to Conquer Your Debt No Matter How Much You Have and begin the journey to financial freedom today!
- Stop struggling to get ahead financially. Subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy of Are You Heading for Debt Trouble? A Simple Checklist And What You Can Do About It for FREE!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.