Staying in shape after 50 does not have to be expensive or boring
Baby Boomer Fitness on the Cheap
by Gary Foreman
Baby Boomers Changing Insurance Needs
Low Cost Fitness in Retirement
How to Delay Retirement for a Healthier and Wealthier Future
Whether you are approaching retirement or have already retired, we all know it is important to continue exercising as we grow older, but we also all know that gym memberships can get pricey. Or perhaps a gym environment is just not that appealing to you. In this Dollar Stretcher Interview with fitness expert Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA of FunAndFit.org, we get some some cheap ideas for staying in shape while staying on a budget and staying out of the gym, if you prefer.
Take the Next Step
- Determine if debt could derail your retirement and what you can do about it now. Our checklist can help you. Afterall, one of the most important ingredients for a comfortable retirement is to be debt free when you retire.
- Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits. Don't leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA has taught fitness on 4 continents in 4 languages for 30 years to over 20,000 live participants. Visit her site at FunAndFit.org.
Gary Foreman is a former financial planner and purchasing manager who founded The Dollar Stretcher.com website and newsletters in 1996. He's the author of How to Conquer Debt No Matter How Much You Have and he's been featured in MSN Money, Yahoo Finance, Fox Business, The Nightly Business Report, US News Money, Credit.com and CreditCards.com. Gary shares his philosophy of money here. Gary is available for audio, video or print interviews. For more info see his media page.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- How retirees can live on a tight budget
- Will you outlive your money?
- Planning the five years prior to retirement
- What the 50+ crowd needs to know about compound interest
- Side gigs well suited to retirement
- What boomers need to know about homeowners insurance
- When you're 55+ and didn't save enough for retirement